Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Furry Toes and Benadryl

Ryan seems to be feeling better today and I actually slept through the whole night, just to wake up with him curled against my back. It was kind of nice to have someone next to me this morning since my husband is gone for work. Although now that I think about it, my bed really never gets too lonely. There's always at least one cat and of course the dog. Not that her little ten pounds does much but keep my feet warm. And the cats are mad at me right now b/c I forgot to buy them food in my rush through the Giant Eagle last night. (Had to stop for Ryan's meds.)
So anyway, since I'm thinking about the Giant Eagle (and how the Rootstown one needs to get their crap together), I've been dabbling in slashing our grocery bills. Actually. It's kind of become an obsession. A little all-consuming. I've never been very good at moderation. And now it's kind of justified because I am saving a ton of $. I think. Well, I hope.
But I read on another blog about Walgreen's ... buy 2 Children's Benadryl at $4.99 each and get a $5 register receipt. Oh yeah? Now THAT's something we could use. So, I pulled out my 2 Benadryl coopins (yes, that's how I spell it) so I could save $2 more and set off to find the Walgreen's supposedly right around the corner from work. Yeah. I might have locked the doors a little too obviously when I passed "FelonsForHire." And damn Akron and their stupid one-way streets. But, I did finally find the Walgreens. And got my 2 bottles of Benadryl and used the $5 to buy some cat food. Not quite sure if it was in fact a deal or not considering I missed my lunch run, drove around aimlessly for 20 minutes and risked life and limb. At least I remembered the cat food. It's supposed to be kind of cool tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment